We were thrilled to welcome visitors to the Stats Perform stand at ICE London. Seeing clients and friends old and new from across the world in person again is a promising sign that things are hopefully getting back to normal.
Here are 5 things we learnt at the show:
Regional operators are following the lead of global operators looking to prioritise entertaining betting experiences
Visitors to our stand came from across the world and a common theme seemed to be a focus on ‘entertainment’ metrics like time on site and app opens, which translated into interest in products like Instant Highlights, Smart Stats Overlays™ and Automated Betting Previews.
These features are designed to increase the entertainment value of the betting experience for our partners, helping them drive increased share of attention from their customers.
There was a high level of enthusiasm for the new products launched at our ‘Light Up Your Sportsbook’ product launch with operators around the world.
Visitors experienced demos of the new products and we had lots of exciting conversations about how they can be used to create more entertaining experiences for bettors.
For a glimpse of what we showcased, please click the links below:
- Watch the full Light Up Your Sportsbook product launch
- Instant Highlights
- Smart Stats Overlays™
- Dynamic Betting Stats
- Automated Betting Insights & Automated Betting Previews
Opta-powered stats bets are set to play a starring role at the winter 2022 World Cup
An ever-growing number of global sportsbooks now offer unique Opta-powered betting markets on player and team performance, such as shots, passes and tackles. They are a core component of products like bet builders and same-game multis.
We cover thousands of matches for leagues like the Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, MLS, Brasil Serie A and more.
Interest from operators on our stand at ICE was high for these leagues and the upcoming World Cup, which will also be covered.
We showed how sportsbooks like bet365, Entain, Sky Bet and Unibet have changed the game with betting markets on player and team shots, passes and tackles. To see for yourself please click here.
We also showcased a live demo of our new Dynamic Betting Stats API. This product makes stats-based betting markets like those powered by Opta easier for bettors to find, quicker to place and more entertaining to follow.
One of many unique features is its ability to display stats on player performance across competitions, such as Lionel Messi’s shots from outside the area, in the last 15 minutes of a game, in his last 5 games in Ligue 1, Coupe de France and the Champions League.
That feature is ideal for the World Cup, to be able to show club as well as international performance for players that may not have played recently for their countries.
Fantasy shows no signs of slowing down
In addition to the expected conversations about our live streams and betting content from sportsbooks and pricing providers, we experienced a high volume of enquiries on our stand for Opta data from fantasy operators and teams producing free-to-play games like quizzes.
Fantasy sports participation seems to be growing in spite of, or perhaps because of, the increase in jurisdictions regulating sports betting.
Last week we also welcomed the launch of Legacy Fantasy Sports, a unique new game in the space, powered by Stats Perform’s deep historical data archive.
The demand for rich, data and content driven sports experiences is greater than ever!
Most ICE visitors were grateful to be at an in-person event again, and had increased appetites for innovation
Most visitors to our stand seemed excited to be back in-person at ICE, after last year’s event was cancelled and other shows switched to online.
Sport is a relatively small and close-knit industry, notorious for attracting innovators and passionate people, and we’re proud to be at its centre, powering some visionary products. It was great to have this reinforced through real-life conversations with real-life humans.
The need for highest quality data remains critical
We had a lot of enquiries on our stand at ICE from trading teams and betting professionals for our Opta and RunningBall data, and specifically:
- The collection enhancements and new datapoints we’ve added to our in-stadium collected shot-by-shot feed for the entire WTA tour
- Our expanded live coverage of Opta soccer / football data, including real-time xy co-ordinates, shot pressure and clarity, and possession value detail, which we now collect for more leagues than ever before
- Our highly granular historical NFL data, which is similar to NFL tracking data
- Our new, upgraded xG model, which takes account of more datapoints and is available in near real-time for over 18,000+ matches a year
Visitors were also pleased to hear that in testament to our data’s quality, we recently renewed our accreditation as an IBIA approved betting data partner for a second year, the only supplier to hold this recognition.
2022, promises to be an exceptionally exciting year. We hope to see you at the following upcoming shows:
- European Lotteries and World Lottery Association Sports Betting Summit in Sevilla, Spain (May)
- SBC Championship in London, UK (May)
- Betting on Sports Europe in London, UK (June)
- EGR B2B Awards in London, UK (June) – we’ve been shortlisted in the live streaming, sports data and sports betting supplier categories
- SBC Summit North America in New Jersey, US (July) – our exclusive US resellers SportsContentCo will be in attendance
- SBC Summit in Barcelona, Spain (September)
If you’d like to meet before these events, get in touch with us here.
We look forward to seeing you soon in 2022.