Reuters Terms and Conditions
Licensee acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- “Reuters Content” means any sports video content within the Licensed Materials supplied to Stats Perform by Reuters News & Media Limited or any of its Affiliates (“Reuters”).
- “Editorial Use” means use relating to events, information, commentary and analyses that are newsworthy, a matter of public concern or of general interest to the public; provided that “Editorial Use” does not include any commercial, promotional, advertorial, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use, or any other use that would violate any person’s right of publicity or privacy under applicable law, absent such person’s consent.
- The Licensee is granted a license to use the Reuters Content solely by incorporating the Reuters Content within (a) the respective media properties either owned or controlled by the Licensee; and (b) Licensee-branded profiles and other accounts hosted on a third-party social media network (together “Client Properties”). Such license shall be non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable except that, where the Licensee is granted by Stats Perform the right to sub-license the Reuters Content to an Affiliate for the abovementioned use, Licensee shall in all respects be liable to Stats Perform for any actions by any such Affiliate in connection with any such sublicense, including any breach by the Affiliate of the MLA (including these terms and conditions).
- Subject to any restrictions on any Reuters Content that limits Stats Perform’s or Licensee’s use of the Reuters Content, and which is communicated to the Licensee in the Reuters Content, the Agreement or otherwise in writing (the “Restrictions”), Reuters Content may be adapted and modified as necessary in order to produce finished materials for the respective Client Properties, which may include slightly cropping or resizing still photographs and editing video footage for length or to combine it with other content, provided that the editorial meaning of the Reuters Content is not distorted or altered.
- Reuters retains all right, title and interest in and to the Reuters Content and the trademarks, service marks, trade names, service names including logos of Reuters or its Affiliates (“Reuters Marks”).
- The Licensee shall comply with any Restrictions and shall comply with, and provide full co-operation in relation to, the removal of an item(s) of the Reuters Content by Stats Perform or Reuters where Reuters reasonably believes, in good faith, such Reuters Content is inaccurate, misleading, contains errors or otherwise presents a legal risk to Reuters (“Withdrawals”). The Licensee shall also comply with any other reasonable conditions as notified by Reuters or Stats Perform regarding the use of the Reuters Content.
- All use of Reuters Content is for Editorial Use only and shall be in compliance with applicable laws.
- Reuters will be identified as the source of the Reuters Content and any identifiers, credits or proprietary notices provided with or included with the Reuters Content must not be removed or obscured.
- The Reuters Content is provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind.
- Save for any item of Reuters Content already incorporated into the respective Client Properties prior to the expiration or termination of the Agreement, no storage of the Reuters Content is permitted beyond the Term and the Licensee shall ensure prompt deletion or destruction of stored Reuters Content.
- Licensee shall not use the Reuters Marks without the prior written consent of Stats Perform and Reuters.
- Licensee shall have no direct rights against Reuters in respect to the Reuters Content, the Reuters Marks or the Agreement
- Upon expiration or termination of the Agreement, for whatever reason, the Licensee will no longer receive the Reuters Content.
- Reuters may obtain injunctive relief against the Licensee if deemed necessary by Reuters to protect Reuters’ rights.
- The Licensee shall ensure that it complies with Reuters’ requirement for displaying copyright notices, disclaimers and branding, as set out at https://agency.reuters.com/en/platforms-delivery/reuters-brand-attribution-guidelines.html, as may be updated from time to time by Reuters.
- Stats Perform shall cease providing access to Reuters Content if the Licensee, in Stats Perform’s or Reuters’ reasonable opinion, is in breach of its obligations under these terms.