Thanks for your interest.
Please see two resources which we are currently maintaining for sports trading professionals. These resources give early visibility of competitions introducing new rules which may have a material impact on their trading.
Updates from April 2021, you may have missed:
- New Zealand National Basketball League to adopt: Team Fouls in Overtime rule as used in the Australian NBL. Which means as follows:
- In the event of a game going into Overtime, the team fouls for both teams will return to 0-0.
- During the Overtime period when a team reaches its third team foul it will result in the opposition team being awarded two free throws.
- The same rule will apply to any subsequent Overtime periods.
- AFC set to launch Women’s Champions League in 2023
- US Soccer, MLS, NWSL to Trial Concussion Substitutions
Updates from March 2021, you may have missed:
- UEFA to lift 30% COVID limit on crowds
- UEFA extends use of five substitutes at Euro 2020 and 2021 Nations League finals
- Explainer of the proposed Champions League format changes (from 2024)
- 2021/22 Premier League season start dates announced [14th August 2021]
- World Rugby unveils new global competition, WXV, to launch in 2023 with 16 teams across 3-tiers
- CONCACAF plans to launch Women’s Champions League in 2023/24
- BCCI announces IPL 2021 schedule (9th April – 30th May)
- EHF announces new Men’s U19 EHF Euro Championships to take place in 2021 (12th-22nd August)
- Pakistan Super League postponed due to COVID-19 cases rise (tournament scheduled to run until 22nd March)
Updates from February 2021, you may have missed:
- Concussion substitutes to be trialled in SPFL from March 6
- 2019-21 UEFA Under 21 Championships to introduce concussion substitues trial
- MLB: New ball being introduced, implications for betting?
- League of Ireland to introduce concussion subsititons into six competitions for the 2021-22 season [tracker above updated]
- Premiership Rugby scraps relegation for 2020-21 season
- Azerbaijan, FIFA to discuss introduction of VAR in national league
- CONCACAF Champions League game volumes to expand to 140+ for 2023-24 season (up from 30 currently)
Updates from January 2021, you may have missed:
- Concussion substitutes to be introduced in the Premier League and WSL from February 6th. FA Cup to introduce from the 5th round.
- Premier League to allow permanent concussion substitutes
- New competition: Japan Rugby Union League to debut in 2022
- EFL League Cup: Five substitutions allowed in the semifinals and finals
- WTA announces first twenty weeks of the 2021 tour
- NBL revises 2021 season opener schedule
Updates from December 2020, you may have missed:
- BNP Paribas Open to not be held March 8-21 2021 as originally scheduled. New tournament dates tbc.
- CONCACAF to introduce VAR at 2021 Champions League and Gold Cup
- ATP announces tour calendar up until April 4th 2021
- WTA announces first seven weeks of 2021 tour
- English League Cup final pushed back 2 months to April 25th. Final is due to take place at Wembley.
- Inaugural NBL Cup to take place in Melbourne starting Febuary 20, 2021
- NHL 2020-21 regular season schedule announced, starting January 13 2021 (56 games)
- Billie Jean King Cup 2021 Finals and Playoffs moved to April 2021 (13-18 and 16-17 April respectively)
- Amended tour dates: England to tour Sri Lanka and South Africa to tour Pakistan in January 2021
- New competition: Indian Premier Handball League to launch December 24th
- Tournament date change: Asean Football Federation moves Suzuki Cup National Team tournament to December 5, 2021 to January 1, 2022, cancelling the 2020 edition
- Diamond League 2021 to return to 32 disciplines (had been 24 in the previous edition)
- England and South Africa ODI Series abandoned due to COVID-19
- Cyprus First Division to implement VAR from matchweek 14 / 11th December
- England’s ODI Series versus the Netherlands rescheduled to 2022
- Women’s Rugby World Cup to expand to 16 teams from 2025
Updates from November 2020:
- EFL to increase the permitted number of substitutes to five in all EFL fixtures for the remainder of the 2021/21 season
- Big Bash League implement three rule changes for upcoming competition